Lightweight Manual Wheelchairs for Sale
A lightweight manual wheelchair is a mobility chair with large rear wheels and smaller front leaves designed to be pushed by a caregiver or manually propelled by the wheelchair user. This design allows the users to reach the rear wheels and push themselves while seated.
Lightweight manual wheelchairs are also referred to as standard wheelchairs and are collapsible, transportable, and easy to use by both the wheelchair user and the caregiver.
Probasics wheelchair for adults comes up with independent mobility and relief to the users if they have any disability, injury, or illness. People may use them with respect to their health condition, which can be temporary or permanent.
Wheelchairs benefit those who have trouble walking or cannot walk for longer distances. The users may also have musculoskeletal disorders, paralysis, broken bones, gait issues, or neurological disorders.
Typically, lightweight wheelchairs for sale are designed using two types of metals. Both of them offer super durability and functioning. Your choice of wheelchair strongly depends on your usage and budget.
- Steel: Wheelchairs made of steel are cost-effective, strong, and durable, making them an excellent option for building lightweight bariatric wheelchair.
- Aluminum: The wheelchairs made of aluminum are lightweight but durable. These wheelchairs are easy to maneuver and transport.
Wheelchairs are designed keeping in view the individualized usage over time.
- Whether you’re using them for a few hours or all day, manual wheelchairs for sale are the right choice only if your upper body is capable enough to operate them. As the name indicates, you’ll need to move the big rear wheels to propel yourself. Generally, ultra lightweight wheelchairs are easily adjustable in a car trunk or anywhere in the house.
- Bariatric wheelchairs for sale have comfortable and larger seat dimensions and are mainly designed for people with increased body weight. These are also known as heavy duty bariatric wheelchairs and may contain the feature of hemi-height adjustability.
Also, check high back wheelchair.
Parts and Accessories
Along with the materials, the parts and accessories of a lightweight wheelchairs sale are essential to understand before having the most suitable wheelchair.
- Desk-length armrests are perfect if you spend much time seated in front of a table or desk. On the other hand, full-length armrests are designed to provide support while transferring yourself in and out of the chair.
- Elevating leg rests position your legs in the most comfortable position, allowing infinite movements. Swing-away leg rests are designed to rotate the footrests so you can quickly get in and out of the chair.
Here’s a list of factors that you need to consider to buy wheelchairs for you:
- If you want a long-term comfortable wheelchair, you need to assess the required body measurements, such as shoulder width. Compare the results with the measurements of the relevant wheelchair and choose the best one for yourself.
- You need to measure your body weight to select the wheelchair that is the most suitable for you. Consider buying a bariatric wheelchair if you’re overweight or obese.
- According to your health condition, determine the type of wheelchair you’ll need. If you’re going to be a part-time user, a lightweight manual electric wheelchair for sale will be a better option.
- You should opt for a wheelchair with removable arms if your routine schedule involves much traveling via road or on the airplane. This way, your wheelchair will be lighter in weight and more portable than other versions.
- The type of your vehicle is one of the best determinants in selecting the type of wheelchair you’ll need, which can be adjusted either in the car or its trunk.
- If you’re fond of staying outside and socializing, select wheelchairs made of good quality material and offer high durability so they can be valuable on various types of terrains.
Showing 1–12 of 49 results